Saturday, 27 April 2013

How To: Fix Broken Shadow with......Astringent:)


Heyllo everyone 

How are you doing today ? Today I am sharing my trick that I used to fix my broken shadow -so if you are interested then  keep on ready buddy ;)

A while back I shattered my very beloved darling Body Shop blush in the color Petal –

Broken Body Shop Blush  
close up on the packaging - backside of the blush



I was heartbroken….
It was a gift given to me by my bro and it’s such a pretty blush I highly recommend it

To fix the mess that was made I researched away on the lovely internet to see if there was anything that could mend this ….and all I could find was ‘rubbing alcohol’ or ‘spirit’ and I had neither…..and was not able to find it anywhere or you could say that i didn't try my hardest ,oh well.

One advice that was applicable was to press the broken powder with a tissue paper but that was a quick short term fix but that a good trick if you don't have anything in hand and your broken shadow is getting all over the place.

I looked in to makeup bag to find a powder something that was not as expensive as my Body Shop Blush and I found one blusher of mine by the BEAUTY SOLUTIONS which was broken long ago

Broken Blush


Shattered Blush Close up



and 
out of curiosity I tried to find that with the 

Clean and Clear -blackhead clearing cleanser/astringent 



Picture of Clean & Clear Astringent



as it also contains the ingredient ‘alcohol’ in it so why not experiment with it right....

So....



Firstly I crushed the shadow into fine particles with a toothpick or anything with a point to it



Tiny bits broken blush ready to mend



and add in few drop of the 
Clean and Clear -blackhead clearing cleanser/astringent
and start to mix it all together, you can totally add more if you need.



Adding Clean & Clear astrigent few drops to the blush


Mixing clean & clear astringent with the blush

wait for the astringent to dry overnight to dry

If any excess solution is on the surface in the container you can easily soak it down with a cotton bud 


Soak the excess astringent with a cotton bud 
Close up on the cotton bud with excess astrigent




Let the mixture air dry overnight .....
and
 the next day press down with a tissue paper to remove any excess liquid 


Press tissue paper on the blush to remove any excess astringent that is left


And voila that is it and it worked…..
my old blusher looks as good as new.




Perfectly mended Blush Close Up





 and hey you know what the best part is its waterproof now….YaH!!

Its applies beautifully, blend like a dream, doesn’t irritate the skin, and I use it now as my base for my eye shadow as its doesn’t crease. Happy Happy:)


Swatch of the product
A decent swatch for you all..:)



Now to be sure that it works with every product I also tried it on my loose powder for face and it also worked -now that loose powder is my absolutely favorite as my skin stay shine free and stay put all day and does not get everywhere  in the air when I use it.

One thing I do have to mention is that maybe sometime you could get this film on the product and that make the product unusable but if you gently remove that top layer with a toothpick the product is still useable.

I only encountered this with my loose powder.

This didn’t occur with my other blusher or eye shadows so with further ado 

I went ahead and tried it on my Body Shop Blush 'Petal'

The Body Shop Blush crushed in a pot

Clean & Clear astringent added to the The Body Shop Blush

The Body Shop Blush matter placed back in its pot

I pressed down the powder right then and there cause i wanted a nice shape to my blush like the other side so it wont look like its was broken
and you can actually see some liquid seeping down the pink side of the blush but don't worry it doesn’t really matter, it will dry the next day:)




The Body Shop Blush Pressed down with the tissue

Picture of the mended Body Shop Blush




Now it’s all brand new and I don’t need to worry about it anymore  
so happy that I was able to mend this product.


Mended Body Shop Blush close up

Swatch of Body Shop Blush
Swatch :) 


And that’s about it.

If you have any other nifty tip or trick that you fix your broken blushes /eye shadow with then don't forget to share it in the comment below I would to hear it and many other will appreciate it too....

That’s all you all.

Thank you for coming back and ready my post out of your precious time, means a lot....

Talk to you all very soon

Lots of Love.

Follow.Share.Comment 
;)

2 comments:

  1. The Clean and clear contains Salicylic acid, I wouldn't mix that with eyeshadows or have it near the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the salicylic acid comment with you but I did use this with my eyeshadow , used it on my eye and it didn't cause me any harm. If you are not comfortable using this on your broken eye shadow that is fine but it doesn't harm to use to it fix any broken blush or pressed powder .
      I am just sharing what I have truly tried and think it might benefit someone else :) in some emergency case.
      Thanks for the comment dear I appreciate you stopping by :)
      Take care
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you for reading dearies and leaving your sweet comments I appreciate them so so much :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...