Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Starting Off : Skin care

Heyllo my beautiful butterflies ,

how are you all doing today ?

Today is the day the Week #1 for the Starting Off Project and we are going to talk about Skin care
 *woohoo whose excited I am very much.*

Since my childhood have I dealt with oily/acne prone skin - which you can learn about right here  if you want to.

But for today I am going to get in skincare products details and talk about products that I highly recommend and are the main crucial reasons for my healthy looking radiant skin.
Sounds good? let's start then...

**Gladly for me my experiment when I was getting in to skin care was not a hurdle and I didn't have to search desperately to find my skincare....and I found good beauty product on my budget.
If you can afford expensive high end brand for your skincare then I couldn't be more happier for you but for me its not practical and  I believe if something from the drugstore works  for you then it great.** 


Off to the the products now: 

Product Number 1 that I swear by : 


St.Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

           For my skincare start up I first jumped on the exfoliation bandwagon . I was dealing with lots of blackhead around my chin, cheek and nose *embarrassed moment right here*; and when I researched on the web and got to know the reason for blackheads was oil build up and dead skin that made the
 pores clogged up = to blackhead = blemishes= sad face.

In a jiffy I opted for my 2 in 1 theory and skipped the cleanser totally and started using  St.Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control as my cleanser and exfoliator.


St.Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control and its description (from their official site )



how it is recommended to apply :

Moisten face with water. Dispense product onto fingertips and massage over face. Rinse with water. Avoid direct contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with water. For best result , use 4 to 4 time per week.


product claims:

Oil -free, 2 % salicylic acid, dermatologist tested, 100% natural exfoliants , 100 % natural extracts.


key ingredient:

apricot , corn kernel meal/ flour ground from dried corn , walnuts.


Price and Place (where to get it) :


The price may vary from places to places but you can find this from any super drug store or your local market or Boots.

To order online you may want to check at
for my Pakistan readers check this link out -: Just4girls  or
                                                                                      Just4girls ( its the same thing but in a jar and more product :D) 


How I to apply it: 



I moisten my face as recommended and took a small pea size amount of this on to my fingertips and put  dots around my face i.e- forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks and also on my neck,(if you need more don't hesitate add some more .) Then taking some water on my fingertips I massaged my face in circular motion.



 I use to repeat this step 2 times in the beginning days-to get rid of the dead skin cell as soon as I can and get a smooth silky skin .



 You want to do small and gentle circular motion- don't be rough you don't want irritate your skin and welcome premature wrinkles.

 If you have sensitive skin I would recommend to exfoliate once only.
But as I am sharing my experience I will honestly tell you what I did. 


Tip: Adding water to the St.Ives Apricot will actually make the product less harsh on your skin and it will be easier to apply.




Packaging:



 St.Ives Apricot Scrub come in a squeeze tube which very refreshing and cute to look at.

Pretty to the eyes with the two apricot on the top looks very tasty :D.


Tip: I would like to mention that when this product is finish and you can't get it out -

 get a scissor, an empty jar ;cut your St.Ives Apricot scrub tube from top and you will have 1 and 1/2 week of product hidden inside ;) as it gets stuck on the side of the tube as the product is a cream consistency. 
But you can't complain about this issue the price is impeccable for what the product offers.


So don't throw it and cut it up :) and scoop it out ;)



What does it looks like:



The color of this product is very light milky peachy/orangy which I like it's almost white but not.

The walnut- are the small brown/orangy tone colored beads that you will see in the product right right away as they are fairly medium in size which I appreciate in my scrubs.


What does it smells like:



A bit more on the medicated side - don't think it will smell like apricot cause it ain't gonna smell like one.



Claims


Now as the product claim it to have 'salicylic acid' - which made me get this product as I read many places that salicylic acid kills the blackheads so I wanted to experiment with it and it's price was so reasonable that I just couldn't pass it out -glad I didn't .
Now -I am a very firm believer that salicylic acid DOES kills the bacteria that causes blackhead and then making it that to a blemish....



After my first time applying



Impressed at the very first trial. 

My skin felt so smooth and it felt like it was breathing.
I witnessed my skin looking brighter and clearer and *hell* even my mother and father commented on my skin whether if I was doing something special to it , which yes I was but I didn't tell them so that makes it clear that I was not the only one thinking that my skin looks better .


It removed all of my dead skin cells and made my pores breath-

just imagine them breathing they really love it  I can tell you that :)


Another goodness is that your makeup will adhere to your skin , apply smoothly and your skin won't look or feel flaky.


The products you apply after the exfoliation will soaks in your skin 10 times better, toner will extract all your dirt easily.


Conclusion is that St.Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control is the king of the exfoliation world and I would recommend for everyone reading this trying it out for yourself you can thank me later ;D 




Product or Kitchen Ingredient -that I swear by number 2:

This one is going to be short I promise :)


Besan and Haldi mixture - have you heard about these two? Nope? Oh well then what am I here for...Listen up then:)



Besan = Gram Flour/ Chickpeas Powder 


Haldi = Turmeric Powder


and both of these two mixed creates a magic face wash/cleanser  for your skin-cheap and effective :)



Gram Flour/Besan and Turmeric Powder/Haldi plays a very good role to remove all your skin impurities and keep your unnecessary oils at bay.


Besan/ Gram flour  has properties to remove any impurities and keep skin dry but not overly dry and get your skin the healthy brighter looking - which who doesn't like.


Haldi/Turmeric powder makes the skin clearer ,reduce acne spots and if you have any irritation or some scar scab it can cure it too as it has healing properties.



As you have seen before how much of a 2 in 1 theory and exfoliator fan I am both of these kitchen ingredient they make a great exfoliator and a cleanser and are super duper affordable.


If you have dry skin you can also use this DIY home remedy; all you need to do is add in few drop of olive oil in the mixture and apply as usual-
and
 the oily skin girly can do this too, don't be scared of olive oil its a great product for skin.You skin will love you for it and you will see the difference in just weeks.
Try it ! You won't regret it.


 Usually brides in my hometown apply the Turmeric powder at the time before their wedding so they can have a glow on their wedding day. But you have to be careful with the turmeric powder as it can stain your face if you too much in quantity or (clothes- keep it away from clothes)  - as I mentioned before you just need a tiny bit of it, like a pinch of salt.



How to apply it ?



I use this mixture in two different way I am going to tell you both :)


Application #1-


 1 Table spoon of Gram flour

Pinch of Turmeric Powder
Few drops of water
Apply all over the face let it sit on the face for few minutes - after few minutes starting massaging your skin in circular motion- removing all the dead skin and dirt - wash it off with lukewarm water, apply moisturizer.
Continue with your routine may that be putting on makeup or going to bed preparation:)


Application #2


1 Table spoon of Gram flour

Pinch of Turmeric Powder
3 drops of olive oil
Few drops of water
Apply all over your skin and let it sit for about 15 to 30 mins till its hard as a rock- you will not be able to move you face at this point-
and don't smile you don't want premature wrinkle while treating your skin.
After that splash some lukewarm water on to your skin and start massaging your skin in circular motion, be gentle no need to hurry think of it as a Spa day :)
You will feel the gritty texture of the mixture exfoliating your skin really well and the olive oil will moisturize your skin leaving it healthy and radiant looking .


Application one is on the go kind of a treatment which you can do everyday before taking a shower and

 Application two is more of a spa treatment when you want you skin to relax and have a luxurious time.


For dry skin ladies you can take the application 2 recipe and apply it for few mins that would work fine too.

No Worries it would work:)

Place you can get this spice/product :


Anywhere where you get your home grocery and spices from....:D


&

Last but not the least

Product number 3 


Clean and Clear blackhead clearing cleanser oil-free-Astringent.



After the exfoliator I am a die heart fan of toner specially for the Clean and Clear blackhead clearing cleanser oil-free. 

This astringent is the boss of the boss to kill any bacteria that remain on to the skin.

After I am done with my exfoliation and facial cleansing I get myself round cotton pad and poured this product on the cotton pad and  wipe my face with it.

As as our pores are open from the exfoliation , toner can extraction any bacteria /dirt that remain on your skin and get deep within the skin killing the bacteria that penetrate deep inside.
This product also contain salicylic acid which is the main ingredient for this product to work.

I cant talk more highly about this product its cheap but effective as well-

Tip: It may also burn your skin just a tiny bit -what you can do is that apply this for few minutes and then wash you face with cold water- it won't burn anymore and when you continue to use the product you skin will adjust to it :)


Place you can get this product :


The price may vary from places to places but you can find this from any super drug store or your local market or Boots.

I haven't seen this on an online store so I cant recommend anything- sorry about that


And that is about it everybody.

I know this post was pretty much the lengthiest thing I have ever written but I wanted it be as much information filled for you guys and share my skincare loves with you all.

I hope you all enjoyed this post from me
 and
 support my blog by following-you can click this link right here 

Follow me on twitter to get the latest update on my newest post and to have a chat....i like talking with my follower/friends :)

Please check out my other friends that are included in theSOproject we all are really putting all are efforts in these post to make it as awesome as possible:)

Want to know who else is participating in this Project -
Hit this button UP.....it will take to you to list of us beauty bloggers:)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading dearies and leaving your sweet comments I appreciate them so so much :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...